Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Connecting With REAL, LIVE Authors

I am a kindergarten teacher and, being a kindergarten teacher, I encounter real, life issues with my kiddos.  Like what you ask?  Hmmmm...let me count the ways. Tattling, interrupting, picking noses, fidgeting, worrying, oh my! 
I was fortunate enough to stumble upon a wonderful book entitled A Bad Case of the the Tattle Tongue which led me to an incredible author named Julia Cook.  As a former school guidance counselor, Julia speaks to children in a way they understand through her literature.  She understands their viewpoint and their stance in life as little people with big expectations. 

Since discovering Julia's amazing, educational line of books, I have had the opportunity to team up with Julia to do the Julia Cook Project at Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business.  My students are helping me "review" and use a variety of her intuitively written books in the classroom and they are loving it!  (They would much rather have her "telling" them to not do something than hearing me say it AGAIN!).
Please join up with The Julia Cook Project at Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business to find out more about Julia and what I've been doing in my classroom with her books.  Also, grab some of my freebies that correspond with Julia's amazing books that I have posted for my readers:


Lastly, do not miss the opportunity for your class or someone you love's class to win a once in a lifetime opportunity to SKYPE with a famous author.  They can meet Julia Cook, discuss her books with her and ask any questions they may have!  This is an opportunity for your students that they will never forget and how incredible is it that Julia has agreed to do this for one of my readers??
Be sure to follow along with the Julia Cook Project, so you don't miss the announcement of the contest which will be coming up within the next month (after more books and freebies are added)!
Come on over!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this book! I read this book at the beginning of the year after reading Shubert's Big Voice. The book goes along with Conscious Discipline which is the most amazing thing EVER!

    I still had 2 kiddos that would tattle so we did a little activity with Mr. Potato Head and keeping him altogether...if someone tattled he lost a part. It has worked wonderfully!

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me if you get the chance. I have TONS of *freebies*!

    Heather
    Heather'sHeart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love literature-based activities, and what an awesome way to deal with those typical classroom problems! I pinned your post to my Discipline Pinterest board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/discipline/

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...