Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer Freebies!

Hi! It's Carolyn from Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together. Today I wanted to share a couple things I've been working on lately.  

First are these great activity cards Dr. Jean created. 
Dr. Jean wrote these wonderful activity cards and is sharing them with you FREE! There are 60 fabulous, fun learning activities to do with children that would be perfect for over the summer.  It's a way to really engage with your child and make some wonderful memories together!  You could send these to your new little students in your class for something to do over the summer, OR pin them and save them for next year to send home with your students at the end of the year as a gift. 

I added a little design and pictures to them for Dr. Jean, so if you would like them, just click on the picture or HERE to download them!  Have fun!

Mary Amoson from Sharing Kindergarten remade Dr. Jean's Cheer Cards.  



They are free HERE. These cheers are so much fun.  It's great to celebrate the children and for them to celebrate each other any chance you get!  I printed the cheer cards out and keep them on a ring hung up on my easel, so they're easy to access anytime.  You can teach a new cheer each week- or flip through and find one anytime you want something different.  The point is... go ahead and CHEER!


Speaking of Dr. Jean, I was lucky enough to be able to write a book with her this past year.  It just came out, and has been such an exciting time for me.  


Here are the activities that we included in the book.  Each activity has several variations, so that you can differentiate them to work best for your students.


Here is a sample of what one of the activity write-ups looks like:


I was so excited for the books to be published! First, these books for my little sweeties came to the house.  How exciting to see this box!  It seems like a dream to me to actually have the real, live books.  The whole experience working with Dr. Jean and SDE was something I will remember forever.  It was perfect.

I took the pictures of my students to use in the book, so they are the stars, and each of them got a book.


I signed each book, and then as the children sat on the rug, I went through each page to show them their fabulous pictures- and to talk about the activities on the pages that we had done over the year.

Then, they got a chance to look through their books.  They studied everything. It was so precious.  I carefully put each book in their folder afterward so I knew the books would get home safe and sound.

Hopefully, this will be something they can keep forever to remember kindergarten and some of the fun things that we did!

One of my students' mothers who teaches in another district took it to her school, and they ordered eleven for the district.  That made my day.

The book has  many practical, easy to implement ideas and variations for teaching literacy concepts. It is arranged so that you can easily find activities to go with whatever skill you want to work on with your class.

We each chose our favorites!  The activities work beautifully with any curriculum or your own curriculum, because they are just fun ideas that work, that teach and reinforce the standards,  and that both Dr. Jean and I have and do really use. Plus, the children really enjoy all of these activities and they help the students remember what they're learning.


Click on the picture below or HERE  if  you want to go to the link for the book! 
http://www.crystalspringsbooks.com/dr-jean-reading-recipes.html

We are working on a Math Recipes book now... I will keep you posted!

Have a wonderful summer and thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...